‘There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll. The specified module could not be found’ error could occur after you upgrade your Windows version to Windows 10 or Windows 8.1. The problem normally due to incompatible version of Logitech software, here is Logitech Download Assistant specifically. LogiLDA.dll file is a part of Logitech Download Assistant appication and located exactly in ‘C:\Windows\System32’ folder.
If you got this problem, don’t worry, you’re not alone, a large number of user have reported this, more importan, this problem could be fixed easily by follow methods.
Method 1: Remove the Logitech Download Assistant key from Registry
You know that LogiLDA.dll file is a part of Logitech Download Assistant, hence remove its entry in Registry could fix the problem. Before that, you need temporarily disabled it from Startup, to do this:
- Open Task Manager window;
- On Startup tab, right click on ‘Logitech Download Assistan’ and select Disable.
You need to keep in mind that the Windows Registry is a very sensitive database, a dot or comma at a wrong place can cause damages to your computer. Therefore, before you go any further, I recommend you should backup Registry and restore if anything go wrong. To delete the entry key in Registry:
- Hit the ‘Window + R’ shortcut on your keyboard to open the Run box;
- Type in ‘regedit’ then hit Enter key to bring up the Registry Editor window;
- In Registry Editor window, go to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run;
- Right click on Logitech Download Assistant then choose Delete;
- Restart you PC for changes to take effect.
Method 2: Using CCleaner software
If you afraid of your computer become a mess when working with Registry, then CCleaner is good choise to fix LogiLDA.dll missing error:
- Download CCleaner from its offical website;
- Then install CCleaner from downloaded file and open it;
- On CCleaner window, select Tools then click Startup;
- Choose ‘Logitech Download Assistant’ from the list then select Delete.
- You need to reboot your PC for change to take effect.
Go to this post if you have a missing DLL file error. Hope this article would solve the LogiLDA.dll error for you.
Tag: logilda.dll, there was a problem starting logilda.dll, there was a problem starting c:\windows\system32\logilda.dll, logilda.dll missing, logilda.dll error.