Whenever there is a major update on Windows, some users tend to run into a lot of issues. Not that the update is bad, it’s mostly because of software conflicts, environmental issues, etc. that these issues arise. Today we will discuss an error that mostly occurs after you boot into Windows: There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. This could occur after you upgrade your Windows version to Windows 10 or Windows 8.1.
There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll
This error occurs due to the incompatible version Logitech software, more specifically Logitech Download Assistant. This belongs to the Logitech mouse, one of the most commonly used mouse among the PC users. So naturally, a lot of users have reported this error message. After some research, I found out the way to fix this problem. To resolve this problem, please follow these steps.
- Open Task Manager;
- Go to the Startup tab and find LogiDA;
- Right-click on LogiDA and click on Disable;
Now we have temporarily disabled the Logitech Download Assistant from starting with the computer. Now we have to delete the entry so we won’t be bothered with it again.
To do so:
- Press Win+R and type in regedit then press Enter;
- Now we need to back up the registry. Follow this article on Backup and Restore Registry.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run;
- Find Logitech Download Assistant and delete the entry;
- Now reboot the system for changes to take effect.
If you don’t want to go through the whole registry entry, then I’ll suggest a simpler way.
- Download CCleaner;
- Now install CCleaner and open it;
- Click on Tools → Startup;
- Now select Logitech Download Assistant from the list and click on Delete.
This process is much simple and less complicated. Once you have done this, you need to reboot your computer to take effect.
I hope you find this article helpful. In case of any issues, please feel free to drop a comment in our comments section. We will be more than happy to assist you.
See this post if you receive a missing DLL file error.